June 4, 2014

VOLUNTEERING IN TIPI ALGARVE

 During the month of June I was a bit lost, didn't want to find a 9-5 job, didn't want to travel so why not do some volunteer work? I told you here before, my life dream is to own a youth hostel so I thought I could look for volunteer work in a hostel, so I can understand how does it work and if it's exactly what I want for my life.

All the hostels I contacted in Amsterdam were full already so I started looking in Portugal and mostly didn't reply so I started looking for a place I'd feel connected with nature. That's when I found Tipi Algarve! This is a completly new concept of tourist accomodation for me. The spot is in the middle of nature but you have both Portimão and Silves cities about 10 kms away, which makes you feel you're not isolated. The tipis outside are gorgeous and inside are glamourous! Sam knows how to decorate and mix colors, it's so cozy inside them. Hopefully I will show you more pictures of tipi's indoors.




 Lounge Room, where guests socialize during the evenings. Also where I have my meals, read books, check emails.
 The bathrooms are outstanding, hand painted, so artistic!

 Swimming Pool Area - I guess I'm gonna spend many hot afternoons here, chilling!



 The Yoga Temple is my fave spot in Tipi Algarve, where I feel the sun and the wind, where I meditate every morning. Can't wait for the yoga teacher to come so I can start yoga classes (this time, for real!)

 The garden, where I get the lettuce and tomatoes for my salad. Is there any better life? Contact with nature and eating whatever grows from the soil. I feel so much difference when I eat directly from the garden or veggies bought in supermarkets... From he garden everything has a fresh and delicious taste and it's 100% organic for sure.

 This is the "zoo" here :) One cock and 5 chickens, many frogs you listen all night long and many fishes I like to feed with bread.

Inside the tipis is like you are in an hotel! Ok, besides the spiders you often find :D

I'm pretty happy with my decision. I'm loving each minute here. All I have to do is cleaning the tipis, watering the plants and feed the chickens during the morning and then I have the rest of the day for myself. It's a pleasure to help out in Tipi Algarve and receive back a real vacation :) I'm glad I'm back to meditation and that I met Maria, the other volunteer, she's from Brazil!

To droll on more pictures, check out Tipi Algarve Website

5 comments:

  1. Your own hostel, a great idea!! Also for volunteering. Nice colorful pictures, places, congrats and enjoy! I also speak about having your own tomatoes and little salad from your own garden, my dream too! Enjoy yourself :D
    PS: the last pic!!!!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore hostels like this, there's one near me called "The Hostel in the Forest" that I can't wait to return to! :D That place looks amaaaaazing and I've entertained similar dreams for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Infelizmente já não existe :( It's no longer working :( Let's find another place to go. Any suggestions in Algarve Marta?

    Embarca no Eléctrico 28 e vem descobrir o melhor de Lisboa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Infelizmente já não existe :( It's no longer working :( Let's find another place to go. Any suggestions in Algarve Marta?

    Embarca no Eléctrico 28 e vem descobrir o melhor de Lisboa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pois é, ia contacta los para se inscreverem no worldpackers e descobri que já não existe... uma pena!

      Se fores ao site do workaway pesquisas por faro ou Portimão, enfim uma área do Algarve que gostes e vais encontrar uma lista dos locais disponíveis para voluntariado. Recomendo o fazeres o quanto antes, normalmente já estão preenchidos para dali a dois meses! Apressa te! Vais adorar a experiência :)

      Delete

What's in your mind? Express yourself :)