July 3, 2014

CACELA VELHA SUMMER CRAFTS FAIR

Cacela Velha - The small old village where the Crafts Fair took place, right in front of the Atlantic Ocean and Ria Formosa. [Image Source]

Last Sunday me and mom decided to participate in this crafts fair with a stall. We know is a fair we don't earn good money but at least what we sell covers the expenses of gasoline, food and crafts shopping. The place is stunning, for around 5 years we attend this fair (if I'm in Portugal). It's a different day and if you live around don't miss it!


Our colorful stall!Remeber these vintage shelves found in the garbage I made a makeover? Fit nicely with the felt+fabric owls plushes.

I would like to share my favorite artists works of the fair. They were so many! There was also an area for organic and traditional food and a small Flea Market where I bought 2 books about ecology and one documentary DVD about Maya Pyramides. 

Artemtinta :: Acrylic Paintings :: Facebook Page
 Abel Salvador :: Wood, fiber and PVC works :: Facebook personal page ::  
(I didn't resist and bought one of this, they have the most serene sound and they are all organic materials from countryside and shells from the beach)
Cores com cor :: Fabric items :: Blog

 Quina Kork :: Jewelry made of kork :: Facebook Page

Dina Rufina Santos :: Art with beach and river stones :: Facebook Page

 Cal Azul Cerâmica :: Hand Painted ceramic tiles :: Facebook Page
 Flamenco Show. Also the dancers gave a workshop for the ones interested to learn. Fun moments :)
 Traditional  portuguese yen baskets, they last forever!
Live clay work - portuguese typical tecnique
 Açafrão :: Macrame and alpaca wire jewelry decorated with semi precious stones :: Facebook Page
 Joana Rosa Bragança :: Artist and Illustrator :: Webiste :: Blog :: Shop :: Facebook Page
Hand Color :: Polymer Clay Jewelry :: Blog :: Facebook Page

Hope you like these pieces of art as much as I do, I wish my pictures didn't turn this blurry, I'm sorry for that. 
It was a wonderful day, I had a great opportunity to meet more skilled portuguese artists and exchange interesting information with them. Cacela Velha brings harmony and serenity to my life. 

Which artist did you like best? Would you buy something from them? Which items?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is so cute! I see the owls, cute photo of you both and you wear a polka-dot dress? Ahhhhh that is "too much" :D (I am sooo loving polka-dots) hehe. Must have been a lovely day! Great colorful items! (I would be so much in trouble) haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooooo in trouble :) I set a limit of 10€ to spend because I just bought some craft goodies in a festival last week! did a great job hehe
      I love my new polka dot dress, I know if I don't wear for this kind of events I will never wear (I spend mostly summer time travelling, festivals or on the beach) I'm glad you liked, I'm not even a blue person but it's nice for a change :)

      Delete
    2. Good idea about the setting up a price ..
      and yeah I also only like beautiful shades of blue, this one seems to be gorg and I totally so love polka-dots since ever and Daisies eheheh (named even my Doggie that way). Anyway cute colorful happy pics :} :}

      Delete

What's in your mind? Express yourself :)