July 2, 2014

NEXT STOP: NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM AND LUXEMBURG

You might be wondering Marta doesn't travel out of Portugal for 2 months, what's going on? Don't worry next week I will be in Europe for a short trip of 20 days in Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg. Because is such a quick trip we planned days to be in the places so we don't waste one minute. 


PRETTY PLEASE: If you are living or traveling in the same place and same time as me I'd love to meet up with you! Haven't meet any foreign Shanti Free Bird reader yet and I'm excited to do so. I love to meet people!! Save the date, for July. 




:: Antwerp - 9, 10, 11 :: Can't wait to see my ILEX fellows again (we worked in USA for one year, we are all Social Workers). We will arrive Brussels on July 9th but we will hitch hike directly from the airport to Antwerp, Brussels doesn't really apply to me. [image source]


Belgium is on the list for a loooong time, 2 years ago I had everything planned to visit but because of this situation I had to pass. Everything happens for a reason ;)

:: Amsterdam - 12, 13, 14, 15 :: This is the city I'm most excited in this particular trip just because my bestie Ana is living there and I don't see her for 5 months. Saudades! I've been before in Amsterdam during my InterRail trip. [image source]

:: Utrecht - 16, 17, 18 :: Half an hour from Amsterdam, why not check this pretty town out? It looks pitoresque and romantic. [image source]

:: Luxemburg (city) - 19, 20, 21, 22 :: Since we are gonna be close to tiny Luxemburg and never been there before we will give it a try. I know very few about the country so this is the perfect way to learn more. Also my great dutch friend Wout is probably going to join us in this trip so looking forward for it. [image source]


:: Brugges - 23, 24, 25 :: Back to Belgium. I have a feeling I'm gonna easily get lost in the corners of this lovely town [image source]


:: Ghent 26, 27, 28 :: This is gonna be our last stop, we are back in Lisbon on July 29th. We are damn lucky though! During the time we are in Ghent there's gonna be one week of a Festival called Gentse Feesten, the largest festival in Europe and it's free entrance, weeeee!! [image source]

Something you should know: In case you wanna go to Amsterdam or Belgium, try to find flights to Brussels with Ryanair, I paid 19€ only for my flight. Booking in advance is always a better choice. 

My dear Holga camera will come with me, I'm gonna try it for the first time. And for the first time in 7 years my fellow material thing is not coming, sorry Nikon D40 but I gotta work my attachments, we have a deep connection since she was my company during years of travels. 
Any travel plans for this Summer pals? Anyone willing to meet up?

4 comments:

  1. Yay, Chica, way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats & Enjoy =)
    I am willing but won't be at the same locations ..
    Me, I just arrived to France for a bit (where I lived before), will stay and then planning on Barcelona (= Cheers to ya! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chica! let me know when you are goona be in Barcelona, who knows if i'm around at the same time...

      Delete
    2. If I like it, may move there haha no jokin' around here :D
      Any thoughts on Spain btw por favor? :]

      Delete

What's in your mind? Express yourself :)